Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Should I Take This Prank Personally?

From last Sunday's LA Times: USC Student All Wrapped Up, But Not In Studies. I don't know if its the fact that this student society targeted cyclists (aren't we targets already?), or that the justification was that only early morning lecture attendees would suffer, but the whole prank feels so... personal. Do we as academics-in-training bear some of the responsibility for this type of failure in priorities? (And no, I'm not attempting to diminish much more significant evidence of failures in our midst.)

In upgrade news, I have officially given in and am now riding slick tires. Ask me some day if climbing big hills is any easier. On the commuting end of things, I don't sense much of a difference aside from the lower level of noise.

No comments: