Monday, December 10, 2007

Scooting Across America

One of the things I hope I someday have the guts to try is travel across the U.S. without a car. And, in keeping with the theme of this blog, I present Rucking Across the U.S., a travel-blog of scooting across america on a ruckus scooter. These scooters are way more tough than my Kymco, but they are still pretty small. Thanks to billtron for the link!

----

On another note, buses in Rio de Janeiro cost more if they are air-conditioned. Today the temperature was well above 38 degrees centigrade. I shelled out some cash to avoid the heat for my research travels around the city. And I was far from the only one. I watched people let empty, non-air conditioned buses pass them by to catch those frescão (air conditioned) buses even if it meant waiting in the heat and standing up the entire ride. Summer in Rio is some serious business.

No comments: